Thursday, March 12, 2009

Concurrent Session #4 - Connecting With Readers Using Web 2.0 Tools

I attended "Connecting With Readers Using Web 2.0 Tools" - Cristina Connell from Gettys Middle School had some great ideas for using some new tools to pep up blogs and webpages and I can't wait to get started - especially with Screencast-o-matic. I played around with it last night and it is super easy to use. The only drawback is that I really don't like to hear recordings of my voice but I will have to GET OVER IT. Maybe I could get some kids to do it for me??? Some ways I want to use it in the library and for my teachers:


  • How-To use the library webpage for kids (and adults!)

  • How-To use our OPAC - Destiny Quest (again, for kids and adults!)

  • How-To use NetTrekker, OverDrive, Soundzabound, DISCUS...

  • Booktalks

  • How-Tos for students using their Student Home Directories and Portal

  • Reminders for students about how to save their narration and pictures correctly when using MovieMaker

  • For teachers who can't attend my Technology Tuesday inservices - snipits of what we did that day in class (although they won't get credit for attending :( )

Now, in the classroom I am sure there tons of ways - let me know if you think of others:


  • Computer Technology classes - how to perform different opperations

  • How to use CD software that comes with textbooks

  • For ELA - how to format a Works Cited and how to find citation information from electronic sources.

I am looking forward to spending some time this weekend exploring Cristine's blogs to get even more ideas! Here are two more links she provided with great information:

No comments: